Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

You Win Some, You Lose Some


 
Well, my new recipe of the week was a FAIL.   I made my first cheesecake.  Actually, the first one in the oven in my spring form pan (that I asked for as a gift five years ago); I have made no-bake cheesecake before. 


The recipe was a Honey Ricotta Cheesecake with orange zest.   I followed the recipe for the most part, although I did not use fresh ricotta and instead used low-fat ricotta.  That may have been the whole problem right there.   Not sure what I was thinking?  Actually I do, I was trying to lose some of the guilt of eating cheesecake.   Big mistake!



I did not like the texture (it wasn’t smooth and creamy) of it and it was lacking flavor.   It wasn’t horrible; I ate my first piece but did not crave seconds.  

I did, however, like the boozy raspberries I marinated to put on top and will definitely make those again.  I put the raspberries in a bowl and then added a big splash of Grand Marnier and a drizzle of agave syrup and let them sit for a couple hours.   YUM!    



FYI – Agave Syrup is something I came across in Mexico. It is a “natural” sweetener similar to honey.   I usually put a drop or two in margaritas and in salad dressings.

Since I would NOT make this cheesecake recipe again, I’m not even going to bother sharing it with you.    Better luck next time.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment