Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Perfect Pairing: Mango Daiquiri and Green Curry


So, today was HOT.  Very hot!  With it being summer and all I should be grilling, but with a heat index of 105 there is no way that was going to happen.  Instead I picked up a whole red snapper and planned to make my green curry with fish recipe (go here for recipe: http://livelearnanddrinkwine.blogspot.com/2010/12/green-curry.html).  Yes, I know I’m crazy; craving spicy food in this heat.   

After coming in from the heat, all I could think about was an icy cold beverage.    When I opened the fridge to put the fish away, a fresh, ripe mango was sitting there calling out “daiquiri.”   I swear!   I didn’t hesitate; out came the Vita-Mix, the rum, and the ice.  I peeled the mango, cut it into chucks, added the rum and ice and hit “blend.”   Oh, I also had some Mango Nectar (juice)  in the fridge from Trader Joe’s, so I added a splash of that as well.   For the rim of the glass, I rubbed it with lime juice and then dipped the rim in some Mexican spices (Tajín) to give it a little kick.  You could also blend sugar and cayenne for a somewhat similar effect (easy on the Cayenne).   
This Mango Daiquiri was really refreshing. It went well with the spicy green curry and helped cool me down after each bite.  YUM!   I highly recommend you try these two together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment