Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Favorite Summertime Meal


Summer is flying by and I finally made one of my favorite meals on the grill; pancetta wrapped Swordfish skewers.   They are so good.  Wrapping the fish in Pancetta keeps it moist and flavorful.   I basically cut the swordfish into one-inch cubes and marinate it in olive oil, salt & pepper, cayenne, and some pesto.   I marinate it for 4-8 hours.   Then I put the fish on skewers and wrap it in the pancetta.  I grill it for no more than 3 minutes on each side (4 sides).   I drizzle the plate with homemade pesto and serve it with pan seared gnocchi with parmesan, grilled bread, and caprese salad.   So good!   


 I also found a new Italian white wine that I paired with this dish.  It worked out fabulously.   This actually might be my new favorite white wine.  It is very aromatic, clean, and refreshing.  I bought it at Bright Wines in St. Paul when I was there for the first time and had bought a variety of things to try.   I highly recommend it!   (Details:  Soave Classico, 2008, Le Barche, made by Marcato.)   It was $16; I’m tempted to go buy a case - and I never do that.  
 

Here’s to making the most to the last weeks of summer!  September will be here before you know it.   Let me know if you give this recipe a try and what you think of it.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment