Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stand Up Straight!

So, they say it takes two weeks for a new habit to stick. Well, I REALLY need to work on my posture. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror the other day and I’m totally slumped over. Not an attractive look! So, I’m dedicating the next two weeks to standing up straight at all times (walking, driving, sitting at my computer, even lying down).

Repeat after me: “stomach in and shoulders back.” That is what will be going through my head for the next two weeks (and hopefully will continue on naturally after that). I also need to remember to hold my head back – I look like a turtle the way I hold my head forward.

All of the articles out there say that standing up straight makes you look slimmer, taller and more confident. Well, today, I just realized another perk. While walking around the lake with my new posture, my husband asked me if I had a new bra on. Ha! Apparently, standing up straight also makes your chest look larger.

Now I’m going to look taller, slimmer, and bustier! Cheers to that!

Here are some guidelines for good posture: http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/ergonomics/guidelines-improve-posture

No comments:

Post a Comment