Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pomegranate Vodka? Okay. Bacon or Salmon Vodka = No way!

It is no secret that I am a vodka kind of gal; more specifically I am Stoli Girl (even got the t-shirt to prove it).


I recently learned that Stolichnaya introduced White Pomegranik, the World’s first white pomegranate flavored vodka. I haven’t tried it yet, but I am excited to. From what I hear, the white pomegranate is a very rare fruit with delicate flavors. I will be trying it on the rocks soon and will let you know what I think. If you’ve tried it already, let me know what you think of it.

Now, I am NOT excited to hear about smoked salmon and bacon flavored vodka. Gross. I tried to mentally envision and taste it in a Bloody Mary, but no. I am going to stick to plain or pepper vodka for my Bloody Marys – thank you.

The Alaska Distillery came up with the smoked salmon flavor (apparently drunkenly trying to come up with Alaskan themes) – can’t get more Alaskan than that. I checked out their website (http://alaskadistillery.com) and also found a “Birch Syrup” flavored vodka; oh and there is a Rhubarb flavor too! Not sure what to say. Not even sure what birch syrup is? I am sure that is doesn't sound that appealing to me.

Not letting salmon be the only “meaty” flavored vodka out there, there is bacon-flavored vodka, called Bakon; created by Black Rock Spirits (http://www.blackrockspirits.com) in Seattle.(Yep, Seattle. I would’ve guessed Iowa, not Washington.) The tag line is: “Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.” I don’t know about you, but when I think of bacon, the word refreshing doesn’t come to mind; neither does pure for that matter. Apparently after trying this vodka, “You'll never want to use another vodka for your Bloody Mary.” Now I’m pretty open minded, but I prefer my bacon on a bacon and egg breakfast sandwich, not in my glass.

Nevertheless, props for thinking out of the fruit box when it comes to infusing vodka. I'm all for experimenting and trying new things, let's just not get too carried away.

This begs the question, what is your favorite vodka flavor? Talk to me!

For more information on the new Stoli Vodka visit:
http://www.nightclub.com/vodka/stolichnaya-introduces-white-pomegranik-worlds-first-white-pomegranate-flavored-vodka-1391

http://www.stoli.com/us-ca/#/products/whitepomegranik

For more information on the fish and bacon flavors visit:
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2010/06/30/2010-06-30_vodka_for_carnivores_flavored_with_bacon_or_salmon_it_jazzes_up_bloody_marys_and.html

1 comment:

  1. There's a hole-in-the-wall bar here called Aunt Tiki's. It's a local dive but when the tourists (or idiots) can be persuaded they have a house-made bacon infused vodka that is the nastiest thing I've ever seen. Keep my vodka pure please. Just pass me the limes. xo

    ReplyDelete