Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Awesome pairing - Beef & Zin

I’ve always been a big advocate (and follower) of steak and Cabernet Sauvignon or a Bordeaux blend. My husband, on the other hand, has always liked Zinfandel with his steak. Well, this weekend I made steak and decided to open a bottle of Zin I had been saving (Seghesio, Zinfandel, 2007, Sonoma County). Well, the Zin was amazing and I really enjoyed it with the steak. I have officially been converted. The roundness and fruit flavor of this wine really complimented the whole dinner (filet mignon, parmesan risotto with spinach, and sautéed mushrooms with truffle oil). It was very lush (the wine that is). Not to go on too much about it but I just want to say that if you are also stuck on Cab and steak then give Zin a try. I’d also say to try the Seghesio Zinfandel, I think it is about $25 a bottle and worth every penny.

On another related note….. I’ve always had a preference for New York Strip as my steak of choice. Well, lately I’ve been making filet mignon/beef tenderloin instead. I’m loving it - it is much more tender. My last couple New York Strips had been hit or miss (chewy and hard to cut and not as flavorful).

Cheers to mixing it up and trying new things!

Here is the photo of the label (always an easier way to remember a wine).

No comments:

Post a Comment