Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Versatile Pretzels

So…. I was making crab cakes the other night and realized I didn’t have any Ritz crackers (which I normal use) or bread to use as the crumb coating. What I did find in the cupboard was a bag of small pretzel sticks. I improvised and crushed the pretzels to use as the breading instead. I will say that I will be using pretzels from now on. The crab cakes turned out great. There was no need to salt the crab cake mixture because the pretzels added a great hint of salt flavor and they browned up really nicely with a great crust. I served the crab cakes with a mango salsa and lemon/garlic aioli. Really good. It paired very nicely with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot (we were toasting to our last Saturday in Palm Springs). Lesson: Next time you are making something that needs to be breaded - reach for a bag of pretzels!

2 comments:

  1. They look and sound yummy. Can you share the recipe? And the mango salsa also looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will work on a recipe. Problem with me is that I don't measure - just kind of add to taste. But I can try to pull it together for you.

    ReplyDelete