Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fingers Crossed

So, I recently entered a contest. The contest was to write about my most memorable experience while drinking sparkling wine. I’ve had lots of memorable moments involving sparkling wine so it was hard to narrow it down to one, but I had fun reflecting. Here is one of many memories (and my contest entry):

I had been walking the quaint, cobblestone streets of Varenna with my husband in late August. Along the way, we stopped at little deli and picked up some cheese, salami, and a bottle of Prosecco. We were planning to enjoy our refreshments on our balcony when we arrived back at our hotel. As we worked our way back towards our hotel along the boardwalk, it began to downpour. Without an umbrella, we found refuge under a big tree that kept us somewhat dry. With no sign of a break in the clouds, we decided not to let a little rain spoil our fun. We were kind of trapped - but guess what we were trapped with? A bottle of Prosecco, cheese, and salami! We decided to have our afternoon picnic right there under that tree. It was so cozy. The genius thing about sparkling wine is that you don’t need a bottle opener! We popped open the Prosecco and proceeded to sip directly from the bottle. Not only did we not have glasses, but there was no knife to cut the salami and cheese with so we were just biting off chunks; it was classic. We toasted to being together and enjoyed the rainy, foggy view of Lake Como. I wouldn’t have changed a thing.

My fingers are crossed. I will find out in three days if I won. If I win, I get to a trip to New Orleans. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment