Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Green Curry

I love Asian food (Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and Vietnamese).  I really love it.   And I love to cook.  But, over the years, I’ve tried to recreate some Chinese and Thai dishes without much luck.  As a last ditch effort I decided to recreate one of my husband’s favorite Thai dishes; walleye with green curry sauce.   I hit the fish market and the headed to the Asian grocery store nearby and found a can of green curry (that I hadn’t tried before – I have tried other brands without much luck).

Well, I have to say I was very impressed and have had this dish many times since.    I’ve tried it with a variety of different fish and my favorites are black cod and halibut.    I think most meaty white fish would work.   

Here is what you need:  
  • White fish (you could also use chicken or shrimp)
  • AROY-D Green Curry (one can is enough for two people).
  • Your favorite three Asian vegetables (I like to use zucchini, spinach, peapods, green beans and Chinese eggplant)
  • Cilantro
  • Jasmine rice
Here is what you do: 
    1. Make the rice (I use a rice cooker but you can make it on the stovetop also)
    2. Heat up the curry in a sauce pan over medium heat
    3. Sauté the vegetables (set aside and add to the sauce 3 minutes before serving to warm them up otherwise they will get soft.)
    4. Sauté the fish for 3-5 minutes on each side (depending on thickness)
    5. Put the rice in a bowl (I use wide, shallow bowls)
    6. Add the fish
    7. Pour the sauce over the top
    8. Cover with chopped cilantro
    9. Enjoy!
Sautéing the Vegetables
The finished dish













So easy and so good.   I hope you can find this curry!  If you live in Minneapolis, I found it at United Noodles but I think it is a popular brand in most Asian stores.   

No comments:

Post a Comment