Bubbly! Cheers!

Bubbly!  Cheers!

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Me

So, I started this blog in late summer. Now that it is Jan. 1, I’m determined to get my act together and update this weekly. With this being a New Year and all, I find myself reflecting on the past year and thinking about what I need to do differently in the New Year. While some say this type of reflection should be an ongoing thing (not something you do only once a year), I am going to go ahead and throw some resolutions out there. First of all, I’ve realized this past year that life is short and that anything can happen at anytime. With that in mind, I want to live without regret and not get worked up about the small stuff. Seriously, in the big picture of life is it really worth it to get worked up over little things that in the grand scheme of things don’t really matter. I think when I am in a moment of frustration; I need to ask myself, “Will this even matter tomorrow?” I think it will be freeing to just let it go. Another thing I want to work on this year is just being more positive. I’ve always thought of myself as a positive and optimistic person but I feel like I’ve lost a little bit of that and really need to bring that positive energy back and just live my life with more enthusiasm. I don’t want to just go through the motions; I really want to be present in the moments of my life. Lastly, I would be a liar if I didn’t admit that I’d like to get that last 5-10 lbs. off my butt! As much as I LOVE food, I really need to balance it all out by working out more and eating smaller portions. I’m feeling good that I will be able to achieve these things this year and have a good year. I hope you all achieve what you want this year and that 2010 finds you happy and healthy because really that is what matters. Bring on 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment